The International Charity Foundation of Muslim Physicians Without Borders (ICFMP) is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit, and voluntary organization centered around international, humanitarian, medical knowledge-focused activities. Its mission is to provide health and medical services through global health diplomacy. With the purpose of alleviating pain and fulfilling the health-oriented needs of the deprived and the oppressed in all parts of the world, other activities of the foundation include furthering cooperation with international organizations and competent physicians to undertake practical projects in the area of health and medical sciences regardless of ethnic, political, geographic, or religious orientations while taking lessons from the Ahl al-Bayt’s (a) school of thought and respecting inherent human dignity.
Charter and Principles (Foundation Objectives)
1. Promotion and development of health in terms of education, research, prevention, and provision of humanitarian health services to the deprived and downtrodden all over the world
2. Support of medical programs related to the prevention and control of infectious, non-transmissible, and incurable diseases in poor communities
3. Empowerment and educational planning to train the human resources necessary for meeting needs caused by the lack of medical staff in deprived areas
4. Support of the scientific, cultural, and social projects of Muslim medical groups in different countries of the world and the activities of Islamic scientific organizations related to medical sciences through establishing ongoing interactions and communication
5. Enlisting and associating with Muslim physicians without borders to complete short-term and long-term health diplomacy programs in deprived areas and crisis situations
1. Identify and enlist specialists, associations, and specialized medical institutions for voluntary cooperation
2. Identify and establish scientific and cultural connections among Muslim physicians with distinctive global academic statuses
3. Introduce the Foundation to the scientific and cultural centers of the world and health-related international organizations with the purpose of cooperation
4. Hold national, regional, and international conferences on the topics of health and medical sciences to foster international interactions
5. Set up branches or representative offices in various parts of the world to advance the goals and activities of the Foundation
6. Carry out collaborative applied research in medicine and Islamic health-related sciences with Muslim physicians across the world in order to develop medical sciences in the Islamic world
7. Clarify the views of Islam on modern medical matters and introduce the rich medical sources by Muslim scientists
Cooperation with the Foundation
All physicians, specialists, and individuals working in the medical sciences with a scientific, cultural, or social background who are interested in providing health, medical, and educational services and pious, humanitarian, and voluntary cooperation may submit their request by registering at http://www.icfmp.org.